Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
Continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing are not just buzz words at TEAM. We believe our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement is a key component to success – for TEAM and our customers.
Lean: The elimination of waste to improve efficiency
TEAM’s lean philosophy starts at the design level by integrating our supply chain and manufacturing resources into the product design process to assure optimal utilization of assets from start to finish.
TEAM’s Lean Culture
- Total Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Organization, Simplification & Workflow
- Design for Assembly/Manufacturability (DFA/DFM)
- Project Management
- Gantt charts (project schedules)
- Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA)
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Six sigma (methodology for eliminating defects)
- Poka-yoke: Japanese "fail-safing" or "mistake-proofing"
- Dedicated manufacturing cells
- Intergrated machining and assembly
- Automated un-manned cells
- In-line testing equipment
- Kaizan – constant & continuous improvement
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Set-Up Time
- On-time Delivery
- Lead Time
- Inventory Turns