Rapid Prototyping & Prototype Manufacturing
Prototype models allow product designers and engineers to quickly test their designs, find and solve potential problems, and build an improved final product. TEAM Industries’ full-service prototyping departments utilize innovative rapid prototyping (RP) technology, as well as traditional CNC and manual machining, to create whatever type of model is necessary.
TEAM also utilizes state-of-the-art CNC software and equipment to quickly machine prototypes directly from CAD data. TEAM’s prototyping department has over 150 years of combined experience in CNC programming and manual machining. TEAM combines the best modern technologies with hands-on experience to produce a superior functional model at a great value. CNC prototypes are ideal for situations where production materials are required or when the part must be subjected to demanding functional tests. CNC models are also ideal when the physical size of the parts make other prototyping methods cost-prohibitive.
CNC Prototype Materials
- Stainless Steel
Rapid Prototyping (RP)
TEAM Engineering utilizes three dimensional printing (3DP) to produce rapid prototypes. 3DP transforms 3D computer-aided design (CAD) and other digital data into physical 3D models. 3DP prototypes are ideal for intricate product mockups and functional parts. RP offers a fast and cost-effective method to analyze part designs before committing to the high cost of tooling development or the machining of production parts.
How RP Works
- A CAD model is created, then converted to STL format.
- The 3DP machine processes the .STL file by creating sliced layers of the model.
- The first layer of the physical model is created. The model is then lowered by the thickness of the next layer, and the process is repeated until the model is complete.
- The model and any supports are removed.
- The surface is finished and cleaned.